Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Simple Pleasures

Sometimes it's good to just take a step back and appreciate the little things.  You know, things like this:


Candles, so warm and cozy and tealights are cheap! (Don't mind the totally scarred table top.  We're focusing on the Simple Pleasures, the Good Things right now.)

And things like this:

Cozy His & Hers slippers.  We are both OBSESSED with our slippers.  We got them for Christmas.  I can't tell you how many times I've left the house wearing only these! I forget I don't have real shoes on!  They are super comfortable and have a hard sole, so they don't get wet.

And little things like... Heat and Hot Water.  Neither of which we had when we first moved back.  So we had to draw baths the old fashioned way... heating up pans of water on the stove.

And things like, the utter adorablness of your youngest child on his birthday:





And, oh, little things like this:
A little something Joy the Baker whipped up. Chocolate Orange Scones. Um, YES PLEASE!


And other fun, simple pleasures.  Enjoy the small stuff. 




There, don't you feel better!? I know I do!

No comments: