Sunday, January 16, 2011

I'm alive, but I'm not funny...

Sometimes, life just isn't funny, ya know?  And THEN what am I supposed to blog about!?!?  Well, clearly I haven't figured that out, as there's been an eery silence, with only the sounds of crickets chirping since my last Resolution post.

Also, I totally lose my motivation to blog if no one comments. I know it's so lame, and I know there are some of you (hello family!) who do read and enjoy it, and usually comment.  And to you, I say THANK YOU.  I really do appreciate it.

But lately, my creative juices have been absent.  Nothing particularly funny or entertaining has happened.  The kids have turned into grumpy, odd little creatures and spend their time A) whining B) fighting C) waking up before the crack of dawn (literally.  Dawn has not cracked before these kids are bouncing out of bed) D) whining E) fighting F) whining... you get the picture.

I really feel like there's a perpetual full moon or something, because lands sakes they are so GRUMPY!  So wild!  It's like someone is secretly sneaking into their rooms at night and giving them hits of speed.  INSANE.

So my poor little blog has suffered because of it.  But then, Sunshine Mama commented... the only one to comment on my Resolution post since my sister, and it encouraged me to blog again.  So here I am.  TA DA! :-D

Life is interesting with Josh being gone the majority of the week, and I know that plays into the kiddos' behavior.  Heck, it plays into MY behavior! We miss that guy when he's gone!

So, I will try to blog more frequently here and not just focus on my Skinny Turtle blog. Even if I don't feel I have witty, funny anecdotes to share.  Maybe I should add that to my list of Resolutions. ;-)

4 comments:

Jen said...

tx for meeetin us tonight. it was fun to see you :)

Tereza said...

you dont have to always be funny to blog...what have you been up to in your corner of the day (ok well I now know you've been wakeing up way too early:)but seriously...any topic is fun to read about you!

Tereza said...

I mean corner of the world:)

Sherah said...

Awwww sorry!! I ALWAYS read your blogs - both of them - and Liz's, and Tereza's, and Jen's. Those are like the ones I turn to every evening when I like to check blogs.

I can think of lots to comment but usually I'm in bed lying on my side and am too tired to prop myself up and actually type with both hands on the keyboard, y'know? ha ... lazy girl, me.


I'm so proud of you for hanging in there with Josh gone. There was a time where we considered the same thing, a commute of sorts for Bret to Seattle during the week and I kind of went into panic mode at even the thought of it. But God knows you are strong enough - I am very impressed that you're able to pull off being hungry + taking care of the kids without Josh.

Super nice to see you at the meetings again too. =)