Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sweet Little Somethings

Owen has been really affectionate lately.  He loves giving me kisses, and I love getting them, and kissing his soft, chubby cheeks in return.  I've been TRYING to prepare him for when the baby comes.  He has been the baby (and very doted on, at that) his whole life, so I've started trying to introduce the idea that there will be another smaller being around soon.  And I'll have to spend some time nursing and taking care of that tiny babe and won't be available at his beck and call.  Hopefully if I take it slowly but surely it won't be so traumatic once June comes.

Josh was gone last weekend at a men's retreat at church.  On Monday I was a wee bit frazzled, and then Josh told me he had to go out of state for work for two days.  Well, that kinda put me over the edge so I requested some Krispy Kreme doughnuts.  Totally logical, right? :-P  Anyway, due to a series of unfortunate events, Josh was not able to bring me any doughnuts.  And I may have lost it.  Like, full on crying.  Over doughnuts.  Yeah, not my best moment.  HOWEVER, guess who showed up last night with TWO DOZEN KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS!?!? Yup, my beloved.  Home from out of state with 2 dozen glorious, fluffy, delicious doughnuts.

Christian and Owen have been really sweet and doting on their 1 year old cousin. It makes me excited to see how they'll do with Baby Girl when she gets here.  And Kate can not get enough of babies.  We had some friends over last night who have a 6 month old little beauty and Kate was glued to the baby all night long.  Hopefully that will translate into being a big help rather than smothering of the poor child when we bring our baby home in June. ;-)

I figured out what I wanted for Mother's Day and sheepishly emailed it to Josh.  Why was I sheepish about it? Well, cuz it's expensive.  And it's a diaper bag.   I've never had an expensive diaper bag, but one of my friends from church has this style and has used it for a year and loves it.  So, Happy Mother's Day to me! :-D





I have the best friends.  Well, Jen in particular.  I am so thankful we have each other! We both have kids close in age and know what it's like to be "in the trenches".  We can talk about anything and everything, we both love Java Crew coffee and chocolate.  I'm so thankful we live near each other and can hang out! Love you, Jen! (This is a SUPER old picture and Jen is now a HOT MAMA!!!!!  I, on the otherhand, pretty much look the same-or a bit chubbier) :-P

1 comment:

Jen said...

Well Thanks. :) This (of course) made me cry :) But it was a good thing. Love ya too