Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I Confess

I confess:

*I am very frustrated with the lack of summer weather.  As posted on my FB page today, it is absolutely ridiculous that I'm wearing knee socks, jeans, 2 shirts and a vest while drinking hot chocolate and it's June 29th. RIDICULOUS, I tell you!

*I skipped swim lessons yesterday because it was just too rainy and cold.

*I ate far too many chocolate chip coconut cookies yesterday.

*I have a muscle in my chin that is twitching and it's driving me batty.

*I've been ripping the velcro out of some cloth diapers for my sister (we're replacing with snaps) and I feel like a little old lady, with my glasses on the end of my nose doing finepoint needle work.

*I am so excited for next week, because we get to stay in a cabin at our church property and hang out with good friends for a week!

*I hope it's sunny and warm so we can swim.

*Josh cleaned the carpets, and although the look much better they still are gross. =( Too bad new carpets are so expensive.

*Josh and I stayed up talking and laughing past midnight the other night and we both felt like we were engaged again.

*We are now squared away and know what we'd spend our money on if we win the lottery. :-D

*I have been a super bad blogger friend and haven't been reading/commenting on anyone's blogs.

*I have some friends from Norway coming over to visit next week, and I can't wait!!!! One of them has an adorable baby girl that I can't wait to hold and give squishy kisses to.

*I am doing a liquid fast until dinner today because I ate far, far too much junk yesterday... and the amount of trips I've made to the bathroom is just insane.

*Please, please summer... Come shine on us!!!!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

You can have my summer weather! I would use the word "hate," but don't allow my children to use it... so I'll just say I seriously dislike hot weather! It was 90 degrees or more today, and humid. Yuck! I would love it if every day of the year could be 70-75 degrees, and drop down to 50 at night. In my perfect world...