Monday, June 6, 2011

Random Monday

I have compiled a list of random info, just for you.

Am I amazing or what? Wait.  Don't answer that. ;-)

So the other day I took a shower (I KNOW!) and then I SHAVED MY LEGS.  Alert the media! Call Guinness Book of World Records! Major Breaking News!! So yeah, I shaved.  Above the knee!  And when I got out, I went to lotion up. And guess what I found???  The lotion that I used on my wedding day over 7 years ago. :-O  Yes, I still have it.  And you bet your bottom dollar I used it, and the feelings I got when I smelled it were magical.  I remembered all the excitement and nervousness from that day.  I will be using it regularly this summer.  If you're wondering, it was Jergens Shimmer Lotion and they don't even make it anymore.  So I'm telling myself I'm using "couture lotion".  Cuz it sounds fancy. 

There are several pictures in my house that are crooked and it's driving me batty, and yet I still haven't straightened them.  I'm not sure why.  I think I sort of feel like, "What's the point?" because someone is going to come along and make them crooked again anyway.  But I am starting to feel like I live in the crooked house that Jack built, so I'll probably take the time to make them all straight soon.  Probably.

My older two kiddos are starting swimming lessons this month and I am so excited! Kate in particular has a phobia/recurring nightmare of sinking in the pool (at our church property) so I'm hoping it will give her the confidence and sense of safety she needs to really enjoy it.  Christian is a natural born fish and already knows how to propel himself through the water; without using his arms and legs.  Yep, you read that right.  He moves like a dolphin sort of, wiggling his whole body up and down and zips through the water.  Anyway, I'm excited for them both to learn water safety and get a general idea of how to at least float, if not learn to swim.

We bought a fire pit and I'm super excited to break it out and use it.  Although, it feels really cheap!  It was pretty cheap; only $40 but it's super lightweight.  Hopefully we didn't waste our money.  I'm excited to light it up in the summer and roast marshmallows around it.  S'mores, here we come!!

I also want to fix up our back porch more by adding lights and maybe tiki torches.  The only problem with the tiki torches is that it will impede the flow of traffic and I'm afraid one of the kids will impale themselves on it, or knock it over and start a grass fire or some such nonsense.  So I'm thinking hanging lights around the porch and putting citronella pots at strategic intervals will be a better option.  Josh is going to make me a clothes line on one side too, so we can dry our towels and bathing suits out there.

Are you bored out of your skulls yet?  Have you lapsed into a coma?  Do you feel as though you've had a lobotomy?  I apologize.  But I will soldier on.  Because that's how I roll.

I want to paint my kitchen, but don't know what color to choose. We're also thinking about remodeling the whole thing, knocking out a wall and adding an island and moving the cupboards/fridge/stove around.  So then I don't want to do anything until that is all complete.  but we're not sure if we want to do it/invest in it since we might be moving in the next few years.  Decisions, decisions.

I also want to paint all our bedrooms. Kate's is going to be a light aqua color, the boys will have a darker blue... but not too dark.  Not navy but more like a mix between robin's egg blue and french blue.  Our bedroom is going to be a grayish color with green undertones.  Or maybe it's green with gray undertones.  Think putty.  It'll match our comforter and be soothing.  I hope. 

When I think of my kids, they each have a distinct color that "describes" them.  Kate is aqua, Christian is red and Owen is orange.  Weird, huh?  I feel like Josh is green and I am pink.  I wonder if he'd agree with me.

I am feeling the need for a major overhaul/organization party in my living room.  The toys are multiplying and taking over the living room.  And most of it is junk that I need to go through and discard. 

The people that were supposed to come cut down the trees in our front yard cancelled at the last minute. =(  They are still coming at some point, but I was SO excited to have those trees gone.  Hopefully sometime within the next few weeks they'll cut them down.

The library here is closed on Sunday and Monday and this makes me irrationally angry and frustrated.  I need to have access to Dorothea Benton Frank and Cecelia Ahern at all times!!!

I want a pedicure so so so bad.  French tips.  I tried to give myself french tips on my fingers and it was a total disaster. It looked like a seal  had done it; or some other creature without opposable thumbs.  It says "opposable" is spelled incorrectly.  But "oppisible" isn't right either.  Neither is "opposible".  How do you spell it, then!?

The day started out all sunshiney and bright and cheerful and now the clouds and gray are back. =(  However, my mom brought doughnuts over!!!!!! AND I have a chicken dish going in the crockpot for dinner, so all in all things are good.  As long as you don't look at the disaster zone also known as the living room.  Or the bathroom where Owen peed on the side of the toilet to spite me. He was totally mad that I was making him use the restroom before his nap so he peed down the side on purpose.  And when I scolded him he got a total puppy dog sad look and said in a barely audible voice, "I sorry, mommy.  I'm sorry" and then I had to relent because he was so tired he could hardly keep his eyes open and he did try to wipe it up.

Boys are gross.  I don't understand how they can miss the big hole in the toilet so often.  I mean, they have the option to control where they are aiming, right???  Hello, aim for the water.  Pay attention.  Don't try to look over your shoulder and talk to your brother, meanwhile spraying hither and yon in my bathroom!! One day your future wives are going to be so grateful to me for the work I'm doing with you; teaching you to put it where it goes and close the seat and  lid afterwards.  You're welcome, Future Wives!

My grandparents are coming to town (Josh's grandparents, but I adopted them so they are mine too) ;-) and I'm super excited! I love them so much; Grandpa Rog prayed for me on my wedding day and I'll never forget it. It was right before I was supposed to walk down the aisle and I was so nervous I was shaking from head to toe.  I didn't have anyone walk me down, so I knew all eyes were going to be on me and I was sweating bullets!  He pulled me into a big bear hug and prayed for me and it helped so much.  =)

I feel that I am trying to come up with lots more things in order to avoid my housework, so I am going to give myself a spanking and put myself to work!  Spic and span, la dee da!  I know I'll appreciate it when everything is sparkling and smells good.  So here I go!

Buh Bye!!

5 comments:

Tereza said...

I shaved too! aren't ya proud of me?!:):) Oh and boys....five here....the toilet always stinks!

Jen said...

You KNOW I love posts like this. cuz I AM queen of random :)

Ruth said...

I only have two boys, plus their dad, and I HATE the bathroom stench. No matter how many times you clean, it just smells. That's one thing I KNOW I won't miss when the boys are grown and gone! Of course, I'll still have their daddy...

Oh, and I totally get Kate's phobia! I have the same one. My kids, they LOVE the water, always have, never any fears... it's ME that imagines all sorts of horrible things!

divad said...

Did you weigh yourself after shaving???? You never know, that could be a couple of pounds!?! :)

Julie Thurman said...

That's so funny!!I too used Jergens Shimmer Lotion; AND still have my bottle(hardly used)too!! haha
I also didn't know they don't make it anymore, but there is another lotion like it(just can't remember the name...)