Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June Happenings

June is a busy month around here!

First off, my sister Liz celebrated her birthday!!  I made her breakfast on our special birthday plate.
And here is the birthday girl with her daughter, Miss Savannah. Aren't they gorgeous!?
I didn't get any pictures of her opening her gifts, but did get one of the dessert. My mom made a supremely delicious lemon cheesecake that was just divine.
Happy Birthday, Liz! May this next year be infinitely better than last year was, and my you be filled with joy, love and peace. We love you and I'm so glad we are back in town and can spend all our time together. =)

Next up we had Kate's kindergarten graduation.  Oh my, it was so cute! They performed 6 or 7 songs, complete with sign language.  I videotaped it, but unfortunately my camera is broken or something and the whole thing is blurry. :,-( **sob**  I did get some pics with my cell phone and some with my sister's, so that's better than nothing.

Here she is after the ceremony with Grandma Kris.  She has brain cancer but is doing well right now. We love her to bits and pieces!!
My sister-n-law also came. Her name is Ruthanne. My name is Ruth Anne.  We get each other's emails and texts all the time. ;-)
My mom, my sister Sarah, my boys, Kate, Lilly and Savannah
Kate and Lilly, Sarah's daughter
Can you tell Kate *LOVES* babies!? :-D
Here we are with her.  These are my old glasses (I refuse to wear my new, ugly ones) and I just can't get used to seeing myself with glasses on. :-P  Ugh, blurry cell phone picture. =(
And we were super fortunate that her great-grandparents were in town and they came too!! Yes, my daughter had a full-on entourage at her kindergarten graduation. :-D
Kate and her little friend, who whispered back and forth to each other during the whole program. ;-)
All lined up with her class
I'm sorry for the blurry pictures, but so glad my sisters took some with their cell phones so I have some! I can't believe she is done with kindergarten already.  The year flew by! Next year I will have 2 kiddos in school. :-O
Kate couldn't wait until Father's Day to give Josh the present she made at school.  So we did it early. =)
They folded the paper bag to look like a shirt/fishing vest! So clever! And here's the back:
 Josh opening his gift:
And here is what was inside:
A can they decorated with a baggie of goldfish inside and a pencil with a fish on it.  The back of the fish said, "Dad, you're a great catch!"  I must say, I agree wholeheartedly! ;-)
Sweet kiss from dad. AWWWWW!
In other news, we've had a few sunny/warm days and we broke out the sprinkler and our tiny pool  My sister Sarah rigged up this makeshift clothesline to dry the swimsuits. =)
And lastly, just because it's true:
:-D  
Have a wonderful day, everyone!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Aw man! Now I am jealous. Kate's graduation was SO SUPER cool! I won't tell Brooklyn :)
Love the pics. Thanks for sharing

Tereza said...

Ha the last pic cracks me uP!
What an awesome graduAtion! You're so blessed that All your family is of the same faith. We don't have that. Sure puts a damper on celebrations sometimes!

Sherah said...

Yeah, Jen, Hammond doesn't do much in the way of Kinder graduation - Kate's looks sooo cute!!!! How fun that all the family was there, esp the great grandparents!

Next year is going to be special for you, enjoying just having Owen at home for half the day. =)

Loving all the pictures!!