Monday, August 8, 2011

This and That

*My brother is engaged!!!!!!!!! To a very sweet and fun girl who fits perfectly into our family. =)

*My sister and I gave ourselves fake French manicures with press on nails.  And I spent a good 5-10 minutes trying to get my contacts out afterward, because the nails kept scratching my eye. Oops. (I filed them down the next day and all is well now.)

*I put up some wall words at approximately 11:00p.m. with one of my good friends.  We were very tired and silly, and it was a lot of fun.  I love the way it turned out! I'm trying to get a good picture, and I'll share

*I bought Kate some new shoes and she wore them for a whole day before we realized they were both left feet. :-P

*I started making french press coffee and it is delicious, but it uses way more coffee than the regular kind. :-/

*I had milkshake literally explode all over me TWICE in one week... both times at the hand of my sweet but clumsy daughter.

*We have to start patching Christian's eyes, so we bought him a pirate patch hoping it would make it more fun.  It doesn't, and he doesn't like wearing it, but we're working on it.  Hopefully it'll help until we can get the surgery done in January.

*I was helping Owen after he went to the restroom and he said, "Mom, you're my BEST FRIEND."  And then he gave me one of his exaggerated winks and told me I could be in his club.  :-D

*I made 4 loaves of banana bread and 4 dozen scones for a bake sale at church, and I was so happy that they all sold!  I also bought some cinnamon rolls from said bake sale and they are super delicious.

*I have played more hands of Spades in the last month than in my entire life combined.

*I am obsessed with fresh basil.

*Bubble baths + books = happy me.

*This could possibly, maybe be the last month  Josh has to travel weekly out of state for his job!!!!!!

*I'm not holding my breath on that last one, but it's nice to dream. ;-)

No comments: