Thursday, January 19, 2012

Keep the Names A'Coming

Cuz we're having a baby girl!

Here's the deal with me and names... I have a couple criteria.

1) Must be gender specific- no unisex names for us
2) Must have a good meaning.  Even if I like the name, if it has a negative or dumb meaning I won't use it.
3) Not TOTALLY mandatory, but I really am aiming for a name that no one else in our church/family has.

That last one knocks out quite a few names that were suggested.  Even though I do love some of them, I really like it that Kate, Christian and Owen are the only ones with those names in our extended West Coast church family.  Well, there are some Kathryns/Katies but no Kates. ;-)

Anyway, I'm loving the suggestions you guys are giving me, so keep them coming! :-D

Now I get to go shop for tiny pink, girly things! HOORAY!!

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

You know what else I thought about was can you use a family name? A friend of mine used the her maiden name "Nolan" for a girl and it actually was great. There is/was a tennis player from Canada whose name was Carling (after the beer manufacturer her mothers family owned). Rooney Mara the actress in the dragon tattoe (sorry I can not spell that word) movie. Rooney is her mothers maiden name.
Then there are is the french canadien name I love Manon, pronounced MAA no, I knew a beautiful girl with that name.
Erin, Kelly, Marin, Honor, Scout (favorite character is To Kill A Mockingbird) Harper or Lee, author of to Kill a Mockingbird.
I will keep thinking but it always goes back to people who have some good impact on my life.

divad said...

Lalei.