Sunday, January 15, 2012

What is your name, little one??

So I am having a heck of a time naming this little bean! Well, that's not completely true.  We have a perfect boy name picked out... but are stuck on a girls name!  I find out on Thursday what the gender is and I can't wait!!

We've thought of lots of girl names that are okay... Emma, Sophia, Eleanor, Juliet, Abigail, Lydia, Elyse, etc... But none of them are jumping out as The One.  With all the other kids (and even the boy name this time) as soon as we've talked about a name, it's been clear that is The Name.

But we're just going in circles this time with a girl name!

Any suggestions? Obviously we like very gender-specific, classic names.  Any and All ideas are welcome! If you help us name the baby and it's a girl, I'll send you a little treat. :)





What?? What is your name, little one??

4 comments:

MaryBeth said...

My favorite names of course are people I have at one time or another admired in my life. I love the name Noelle. She was the sweetest girl in my freshman class and it always made me think of Christmas and put a smile on my face. In that vain, Ivy, Holly are both great, right? I was suppose to be Stacy but my godmother changed it at the last minute, weid.

Minabird said...

i know this may seem weird but since you suggested Emma I will suggest some of my sister's names. I have Miriam, Polly, Leona, and Freida. They are not traditionally names so to speak and some of them are not even anyone in the church here. Except for Miriam but I wanted throw that in there. There is also Sarah and Ruthy but I'm thinking you wouldn't want to use those...
There are other girl names that aren't heard of very often here in Salem...Martha, Verba, Teresa, and Angela, Melanie.
Anyway, if I think of any more names I will gladly suggest them to you.

Tereza said...

Lidia, vivienne, Selena

Elizabeth said...

If the Lord every gives us another daughter (we have only 1 in our 5 kids) her name will be Naomi.