Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Few Of My Favorite Things

There are some things in life that make me smile so much my eyes crinkle up. These are some of those things. And I don't worry about crow's feet.

My wedding dress.
It's Maggie Sottero and I got it for FREE. Yep, you read that right. I never thought I'd be one to borrow a wedding dress, but when the one I picked out came in... I didn't love it. So I started searching around and was talking to my co-worker about it. She'd just gotten married a few months before and when I described what I was looking for, her eyes got big and she said I'd just described her gown. I tried it on, it fit, I wore it down the aisle. =)

Gerbera Daisies
They are just such a cheerful flower, don't you think? I love them, they are hardy and they stay bright and pretty despite my black thumb.

Candles.
I love candles. Ask my friends. I have them burning year round, almost every day. True story. I love the ambiance and the fragrance. I usually burn vanilla, but during the holidays I go for pumpkin spice or apple cider. Nothing overpowering, just something to make my nose happy. Sometimes, I'll even just put a pot of water with cinnamon and nutmeg on to simmer and that does the trick nicely, too.

Jack Vettriano Art
I love his work. Period. End of sentence.

S'mores.
I make these more often than I'd like to admit. I get graham crackers, milk chocolate chips (SO much better than semi-sweet, in my opinion) and dab bits of marshmallow on top then brown under the broiler. So good.

A good book.
I love to read. Love is an understatement. I don't watch TV; too much drama. But I could easily settle in with a book or seven and be content for the next 3 days.

Diamonds.
It's shallow, I know. But I do love me some bling. This ring is the one that I'm currently in love with.

Coffeemate.
I have a little coffee with my creamer every morning and I wait all year for the Peppermint Mocha flavor to come out.

Sun rooms.
I just love the light, warmth and coziness of a sun room. I want one.

Thanksgiving.
My favorite holiday of all. The food! The ambiance! The family! Love. It.

6 comments:

Tereza said...

And guess what..you'd love canada...cause...it's thanks giving here this weekend!

Sunshine Mama said...

I love your new blog! And those smores do tempt me. That's a neat story about your wedding dress.

divad said...

And, you should have come to Canada this weekend for some Thanksgiving feasting!

LOVE the wedding gown, not to mention the price!

Jen said...

i loved this post
hope you had a great weekend

Sherah said...

Of course I had to google Jack Vettriano! So interesting!!! Kind of weird. LOL. But some of them are really good - I love the whole 50's theme he has going on. And I have to confess, even though I don't wear it much, I LOVE bling too!! Love the sparkle on my finger (from my Walmart $8 ring, lol!) as I go about my busy, sometimes not-so-blingy daily life. Ha ha

Megan said...

Um, I think we might be long lost twins. Because I LOVE Thanksgiving, you know I love coffeemate, and I love sunrooms, diamonds, Maggie Sottero and pretty much EVERYTHING on this list. :-) I'm loving this new blog of yours!!!