Saturday, February 19, 2011

Clean Sweep and Forgetful Tooth Fairies

WOW.

On Friday I kicked my own booty. :-D I got the Spring Cleaning Bug and went to town.

I thoroughly cleaned both bathrooms, including sweeping and mopping. I changed the sheets and duna covers on the boy's beds, cleaned and vacuumed all 3 bedrooms, did multiple loads of laundry, swept and mopped the kitchen floor, organized the toys and vacuumed the whole living room, moving all the furniture.

And then I crashed. ;-) I went to bed and slept until 6:45 in the morning, and guess what!? My boys were still asleep.

Cue the Hallelujah chorus. :-D I feel so much better after a good night's sleep and with my house in order. Of course, now that it's a day later there are messes again and it's not so bright and shiny and sparkly. But that's ok. We do live here, after all.

In other news, the Tooth Fairy sorta sucks at her job. She remembered to bring money (a $2 bill, which, according to Kate is "dumb"--she'd rather have 4 quarters???) (and we usually only give .50 cents, but just happened to have an extra $2 bill at home and we thought she'd think it was cool.) (We learned our lesson.) ANYWAY... So the tooth fairy totally gave the money... but forgot to take the tooth.

And then she forgot the next night. And the next. Until finally Kate asked Josh to make a note for the Fairy reminding her to PLEASE TAKE THE TOOTH.


Apparently that was all she needed, because the tooth hasn't been seen since. ;-)

2 comments:

Tereza said...

So funny:) The Cannadian tooth fairies aren't very punctual either:)

Jen said...

I love that girl ;) She cracks me up!
Thanks again for hanging out today. It was the highlight of my week :)