Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tea Parties

No, I'm not talking the political kind. ;-)

So the other night I was home alone with the kids when I suddenly got a severe migraine. I thought my head was going to explode like a bottle of champagne that's been shook up. It hurt SO bad, and came out of the blue. Anyway, while I was in misery on the couch Kate came up and asked if she could make a tea party. She interpreted my "UNGH" as a "yes, my dear, go right ahead with that project..."

The boys seemed to love it.
Kate took great pains with the centerpiece.  Watch out, Martha Stewart!
We've got a "Woodland Cup" complete with a pencil, cuz it's made out of wood ya know? A purse that hold multiple lip gloss flavors, a brush and....
A mug with a spoon and floating rubberbands. So cutting edge! So fierce! So creative!

And no centerpiece is complete without a gratuitous picture of the younger brother proudly displayed:
However, you know you're in a recession when High Tea consists of:
One pepperoni and a glass of water.  Eeeek!  Not exactly a full meal, is it?
Not to worry, we remedied that with a full on feast.  Cereal, toast and juice.  Oh yeah, baby. We're living the high life, now!


Even the dog was upgraded from her normal bed to more plush bedding.

And if you're wondering where you can get that stunning heart table cloth, it can be found in the children's linen section at Ikea; it's a duna cover. :-D 

All in all, it was a smashing success and the kids were so happy that I had answered "UNGH".


Now, he may not LOOK so thrilled, but he is.  Trust me.
And although this kid looks a bit dazed and confused, there were no children harmed in the making of this tea party. Also, that really was water in the cup and not Vodka.
The best part, though? They cleaned up after themselves. :-D

1 comment:

Liz said...

I loved this post. The pictures were adorable. She seriously made everything look so dainty and pretty and "girlified" despite being surrounded by whirlwind brothers. She had so many cute little details in her tea party. So stinkin cute! I am officially on the lookout for cute teasets.