Friday, February 4, 2011

I need a vacation.

I need to go somewhere warm and sunny.  Somewhere with sand and margaritas.  Somewhere I can lay in the sun, sleep and read.  Somewhere with sparkling clean blue water, with no sharks (or any fish, for that matter) where I can lazily float along, feeling weightless. 

So I'm going to take myself on a virtual vacation, and you're invited!

First we've got to pack our luggage.  But we don't use boring black suitcases, oh no!

Inside, we've packed lots of cute, fun clothes.  And, of course, we have all lost weight and toned up magically just in time for our trip!







And of course, we can't forget our accessories!  Beach bag, towels, books, sunglasses, etc...






Then we're off! First class, of course.

With complimentary drinks.




And then... we arrive.
But before we settle down for a lazy day reading in the sun, we unpack our bags in our deluxe suite.
Of course it comes with a deluxe kitchen... just in case we get a hankering for monkey bread or something while we're there.  
And we can enjoy our morning coffee on the patio.
Or we could enjoy the sunset there.
But most importantly, we'll just kick off our shoes...
Grab our drink and a good book...
And RELAX.  Breathe in.  Breathe out.  Smell the ocean air, feel the warm sun on our skin, close our eyes and listen to the gentle waves lapping the shore.  No responsibilities.  No where to be. Nothing but time.
Later, maybe we'll grab a bite to eat.  Something we didn't have to prepare ourselves. Indulge ourselves.

Then again.  Maybe we'll just sleep.
But whatever we do, it'll be laid back and relaxed.  We'll renew our bodies and spirits and minds.  Recharge.  And then we'll all be better people for it. 
Thank you for joining me on my virtual vacation.  Now I must return to reality and clean my house, AKA The Dust Trap.  AKA The Black Hole Where Laundry Goes to Die.  AKA Feel Free To Throw Your Toys Wherever You Please And Leave Them There Indefinitely.  AKA My Home.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

5 comments:

Jen said...

That was fun ;)

Tereza said...

I burst out laughing when I saw my bikini clad, thin and toned body there:):):)
And then I could literally smell the ocean and the hot sun on my face.
ahhhhhhhh....that's much better!
Thanks for the vacation:)
And now I have to clean up dinner.....ugh:)

Tereza said...

I mean bikini clad not bikini dad HA HA!

Tereza said...

weird...the c and l together still look like a d

Megan said...

Sign me up! And I do look fabulous in that bikini, if I do say so myself! ;-)