Monday, November 8, 2010

Courtesy of Kate

Today's post comes to you courtesy of my 5 year old, Kate.  She's the tomboy who refuses to wear jeans. ;-) 

I was going through her backpack and folder of homework/school papers and lo and behold I found a bunch of fun stuff.

First of all, her notebook.  Every child is sent home with your typical Mead folder.  Nothing fancy, just a heavy paper folder to keep all the schoolwork in one place.
We've had approximately 30 days of school so far, and Kate has totally destroyed her folder. I mean, it's ripped, torn, sagging... basically it looks like she put it in the washing machine and then dried it in a hot oven.  Destroyed, I tell ya. 

The teacher must've noticed too, and she sent her home with a heavy duty plastic binder.  I'm not sure if she replaced all the student's folders, or if Kate is the sole recipient of the Indestructible Binder.  In any case, I laughed.

But look at these gems that I found inside the Indestructible Binder.  Priceless!!

First of all, we have a list of names of students who received some award or another.  I was so distracted by the things people name their children that the honor they were being bestowed was totally lost on me. Go ahead and read through it.  I'll wait.
Son? Really?  You couldn't come up with anything other than Son???
Eldar and Owne... Now, I'm hoping really badly that is a typo and it was supposed to say Owen.
Felila? Mtoo Wah??? Day?? Again, people.  Get a little creative, will ya?  Maybe not as creative as Kalacious, but still.  Obviously, Kate attends school with a rich blend of ethnicities (I just made that word up).

A big, fat hen.  Obviously Kate shares my body dysmorphic tendencies. (Another made up word by yours truly.) If this is a big, fat hen I don't even want to THINK about what I am.
Kate's favorite fruit or vegetable.  I never knew she was such a fan of.... lemons? I'm assuming that's what it is.  And since we have lemons so frequently in our home (about once every 10 years) it's easy to understand how that particular fruit is her favorite.
The answer to everything is ne, no, no.  Remember that.
And finally, Kate without the "K" is just... ate.

2 comments:

Tereza said...

ha ha..funny little girl:)

Sherah said...

soooooo cute!!!