Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday Fess Up

*I have a crooked bottom. When I wear pants and skirts that have a seam down the front and back... well, they don't line up. If the front seam is in line with my belly button the back seam is off. Consequently, my skirts tend to shift sideways. My pants would too, except my legs prevent the shift from happening.

*I don't know how to fold fitted sheets. I just roll them, tuck them, and cram them in my linen closet.

*I love Warm Vanilla Sugar scented lotion/bubble bath from B&BW. I could eat my own arm after applying it.

*I have a site bookmarked that counts down the days til Christmas. There are 42 days left, in case you're wondering.

*I had a really disturbing dream the other night that I had 5 babies at once and they were all "little people". Basically they came out grown, but since they were "little people" they were still small. And this is just one in a line of many dreams I've had over the last week involving me, pregnancy, and a baby that has something wrong with it.

*To this day I still love the names we chose for our kiddos, and what they mean.

*I love the smell of a new box of Crayola crayons.

*I hope Starbuck's brings back their Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate. Then again, I am trying to not gain 700 pounds this holiday season. Hmmm. Conundrum!

*Owen says "acci-didn't" instead of accident. And I don't correct him because I think it's cute.

*Kate told a whopper of a tale the other day. Something about a HUUUUUUUGE man named Eli, who ate too much. One time he shoved 5 desserts into his mouth at once. Then he choked and died. True story. Her music teacher told her so.

*Christian was trying to count to 100. He got to 30 something and then I heard him mumble, "Am I dead yet?"

*I have made potato soup at least once a week for the past 4 weeks. It's super delicious and when I told Mr. Romeo that was what was on the menu he told me I "rocked his socks".

*I met Tammy from Tammy's Recipes yesterday. She is super warm and welcoming and her children are straight up GORGEOUS. I couldn't stop staring at them. Her little girl is named Ruth, to boot!

*Tammy gave me 45-50 boxes to jump start my packing process. I love it and hate it all at once.

*I can't even begin to describe how happy I am that we will be in our own cozy home for Christmas.

*The Almond Joy, Moose Munch and Sea Salt chocolates I got for my birthday are almost entirely gone. The Almond Joy actually didn't survive the drive home. The Moose Munch met it's demise while we watched Psych (since the Almond Joy was long gone) and the salted chocolate is withering daily.

*If I had limited counter space and had to choose between a microwave or my Kitchen Aid to reside there, I'd choose the Kitchen Aid in a heartbeat. I'm actually 99% sure I'm going to get rid of our microwave when we move. Or at least put it in the garage. Apparently it can kill up to 95% of the nutrition of food cooked in it.

*I learned that last tidbit from my FIL, who had asked if their head-level microwave could have contributed to his wife's brain tumor. (Not guilty, was the verdict.)

*I really only use my microwave to soften butter for baking. Well, and for re-heating food. But that's what the oven is for.

*I haven't written so many words about a microwave in my life, ever.

*Body Shoppe used to carry (maybe they still do... the one here went out of business) a shampoo called Cornflower. I used it on our honeymoon and ever since we've been on the hunt to find it again with no success.

*I just looked online and it's no longer available. Boo.

*I think that's enough confessions for one day. Amen.

2 comments:

divad said...

LOL on the sheets and microwave. I can relate. I'm so excited for you regarding moving back home!

Liz said...

I was completely entertained in this post. I don't know how you came up with so many seemingly random but entirely amusing things to fess up about. lol.
Yes you can post links to my blog.
12 days to Thanksgiving!!!
BTW my word verification was joisif. I am imagining someone from Jersey talking about Mary's husband:)