Monday, November 15, 2010

Just Packing and Cleaning and Purging and Drinking...

That's a little ditty I wrote to the tune of "Wishing and Hoping", which will forever remind me of My Best Friend's Wedding. Ah, good times. =)  That movie actually has a really great soundtrack.  Lots of upbeat feel good music.

Anyhoo, the title says it all.  The packing, cleaning, and purging have begun, which leads me to a little bit of drinking. ;-)  In all truth, I'm a total lightweight.  Like, seriously.  No joke, I get a wee bit tipsy off of a... wine cooler.  Yup, a bottle of Fuzzy Navel and I'm giggling like a school girl, stumbling about.  It's true.  My friends and family can attest to this fact.  So in all reality, I don't drink that much.  I'm sort of on a Mimosa kick.  Orange juice and champagne (or spumante).  Yum. 

I got a bunch of boxes from Tammy, as I mentioned before, and we started the packing this past weekend.  We realized that last weekend and the coming weekend are the only free weekends we have til we move!! :-O  Can you even believe it!? I can't.  The weekend after Thanksgiving the youth group from back home is coming up to meet with the youth group here, so Josh will be gone doing that.  HOPEFULLY I'll be visiting with my super good friend Jen and her kiddos (including baby Macy!!) Otherwise I'll try to pack and parent. Not sure how successful I'll be at that little bit of multi-tasking. ;-)

Then, the first weekend of December I'll be in Arizona seeing Dr. Ray (and my mom and sis are both coming too!! WOOT!!) and the next weekend WE MOVE.  25 days, people.  That's how many days til we pack up the big ol' moving truck and head south.  I am setting up playdates left and right up here, determined to use the last of the time I have here.

I packed up all the CD's except Christmas music, so that is what I'm listening to as I pack and clean.  I just love Christmas music, and although I usually wait til after Thanksgiving to break it out, this year is different.  Everything seems a bit more rushed this year.  What with the move and my MIL's tumor, it seems best to make use of every single day.  Who cares that Thanksgiving hasn't come yet, I can still enjoy Christmas music!  Especially if it helps me with the dreaded packing.  And cleaning.  And purging.

It actually feels really good to get rid of stuff.  I don't do so well with clutter.

So that's what I'm up to.  Not super exciting, but it's gotta be done. 

If you have any helpful packing hints or suggestions, I'm all ears!

No comments: